This position has been filled. We thank everyone who applied.
EmotionsBC provides barrier free support and services to people looking for better mental health and wellness. We lead with our lived experience and come alongside others to build capacity to learn evidence-based skills proven to decrease feelings of isolation and improve mental health and wellness.
The Community Engagement Administrator is the face of our organization and a person who has lived experience having a loved one struggling with mental health challenges. The primary function of this role is to help direct people reaching out to us find what they are looking for, whether it’s information about groups and programs, how to become a volunteer, or how to support us.
A large part of this role is dedicated to administering our groups and programs, collecting information, and communicating with our participants on a regular basis. This position reports to the Executive Director directly.
What You’ll Do:
- Answer and respond to general EmotionsBC enquiries (by phone and email)
- Help people navigate to the appropriate person/group they’re seeking
- Promote ongoing groups and programs
- Maintain lists and schedules
- Maintain community resources list
- Work collaboratively with programs team
- Participate in EmotionsBC events
- Help with various fundraising activities
Qualifications: Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Direct experience of having a loved one with mental health challenges
- High degree of self-awareness and in maintaining confidentiality
- Strong relationship communication skills
- Empathetic, compassionate and have good listening skills
- Has knowledge of mental health resources/system
- Strong written interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Good command of the English language
- Proficient knowledge of computers, word processing, spreadsheets, email
- Experience with Google (Gmail + Google Drive), Eventbrite, Mailchimp with be an asset
- Able to work remotely from home and on occasion come into the office at times requested
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Pass a Criminal Record check
- Hourly paid position (10 hours per week)
- Flexible work environment
- Supportive team environment
- Volunteer work
Closing Date: March 31, 2022